Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Demography and Climatic Change

Mercedes Pascual

One of my greatest personal weaknesses - and I would be the first to recognise this - is that I hardly finish thinking about one problem before I start to get interested in another. The issue of global demography and macro economic theory is, unfortunately, no exception here. I am now in a position where I think I see some interim 'closure' (basic hypotheses, simple back-of -the-envelope models) in sight (or at least attainable in a limited time horizon), but I can also now see only too clearly that this problem forms just one part of a much bigger picture of interconnections and feedback processes. In particular these processes seem to be:

1/ Global demographic changes and their economic impact
2/ Global resource depletion
3/ Global climatic changes
continue reading

No comments: